Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blogger templates and more

Blogger is a pretty user-friendly blog host.  It offers enough templates to choose from plus it allows third party templates.  Unlike a free Wordpress.com blog, Blogger allows you to monetize your blog through Google Adsense.

I started my template with the basic contents.  I created a basic profile, that should tell a little something about myself.  You know, get visitors to see your mugshot and some fancy description about yourself.  Second I added some widgets that I feel is necessary for a basic blog.  Widgets such as Subscription, Search, Pages, and the Feedjit.  I personally like Feedjit because it gives you real time information of who visited your blog, where they are located, and how they got there.

The Tweet and Retweet widget from twitter is also handy.  After each post, I tweet (broadcast) my post through twitter.  Facebook's not in my blog widget, but once logged in, the Facebook's link function captures a snapshot or a section of your post and adds it up on your wall. 

I recently stumpled upon the ping function.  I bookmarked Ping-o-matic and PingMyBlog, they provide ping services that notify websites or servers that I have a new post and indexes it on search engines.  In short, they could increase publicity of my blog among search engines.

What do you have in your blog?  What's your ping services?  Are they effective at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment